Immediately outside the environs of this 29-acre airpark are a number of environmentally sensitive, protected lands. The airpark is situated immediately southwest of the Big Cypress National Preserve, and is surrounded on three sides by the waters of Everglades National Park. The Fakahatchee Strand State Preserve and Collier Seminole State Park are to the north. The Gulf Visitor Center and National Park Ranger Station, within walking distance of the airpark, provide canoe rentals, tour boats and docks for itinerant boats.
Stone and blue crabs and manatee are commonplace in the Waters of Chokoloskee Bay running along the west side of the airpark. The annual Seafood Festival attracts thousands of people every year.
- The airpark has a 2,400-foot runway
- Chevron Fuel 100 LL self-service available 24/7
- Pilots' lounge
- Flight planning room
- Passenger terminal
- All businesses will pick-up
- Bicycles available
- Refreshment vending machines
- Minutes from fishing, airboats, swamp buggies, everglades tours, and dining